Kaua’i road closure from September 20
KOLOA – County and state officials have announced road works, with associated lane closures and brief and occasional delays, from Hanalei to Koloa.
All work is scheduled Monday through Friday, September 20-24, unless otherwise specified.
• Several sections of the Koloa and Maluhia roads will be closed to one lane from 7 am to 6 pm for road marking and other operations.
• The shoulder closure and narrow lanes on the Kuhio Expressway between mile markers 5.7 and 6.6 at Wailua and Waipouli are open 24 hours a day until further notice.
• A closure of the right lane of the Kuhio highway in both directions between kilometer markers 11.8 and 13.1 at Anahola is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the widening of the highway to support the installation of a central track.
• A right-lane closure of the Kuhio Expressway in both directions between mile markers 12.2 and 16.6 in Kilauea is from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for landscaping and tree pruning. .
• A one-lane closure of the Kuhio Expressway in both directions between mile markers 19 and 21.6 in Kilauea is from 8 am to 3:30 pm for road reconstruction and resurfacing.
• A right lane closure of the Kuhio Expressway in both directions between mile markers 23.3 and 25.1 in Kilauea is from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for landscaping and tree pruning. .
• The public access schedule to entering and exiting Hanalei on the Kuhio Expressway is as follows: today: two lanes open all day; Monday to Saturday: 12 p.m. to 7 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. to 7 a.m., two lanes open; 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., single-lane alternating traffic.